A big thank you to Ellis from Ellis goes on Holiday for nominating me for the Liebster award.
This award is passed onto the blogs you love – a great way to discover new blogs, appreciate and connect.
The conditions are:
- Thank the blogger who gives it.
- Answer the 11 questions he/she asks.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 500 followers.
- Ask these 11 bloggers 11 questions.
- Let these bloggers know that you have nominated them.
(1) Thank the blogger who gives it.
Thank you so much Ellis for the award. Ellis is a wonderful travel blogger – her journeys span all over the six continents; a must read for everyone who loves exploring the world. I have enjoyed reading her blog, you should check it out too.
(2) Answer the 11 questions he/she asks.
1. What is the first thing to do on your bucket list?
To spend a week in Hampi in India – exploring the magnificent ruins of a capital city of the glorious Vijayanagar Empire.
2. Tell me about your hometown. If I was visiting, what should I do there?
My hometown is Panipat in Haryana, India. The place is famous for the ‘three battles of Panipat’ fought in 1526, 1556 and 1761. And some of the places to visit here are -‘Kala Amb’ where one of these battles was fought and the grave of Abraham Lodhi; and of course don’t forget to enjoy some of the Indian delicacies.
3. I have a habit of getting lost whenever I’m travelling but I find when that happens, I discover the best places. Do you agree and where have you found?
Yes, that happens to all of us. We discovered the Arekere Temple while on our way to the Iswara Temple in Arasikere in Karnataka, India.
4. Chocolate and peanut butter: yes or no?
5. What is your signature dish?
My signature dish is Mung lentil curry.
6. What is your best food discovery?
Chicken and avocado, never knew they went so well together.
7. Do you have a song which reminds you of a certain travel story? If so, what is the song and story?
It has to be ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ – a hindi movie song. It reminds me of the many road trips with my best buddy – my husband.
8. What is your best travel tip?
Take the unexplored route.
9.What is the one thing you always take travelling with you?
10. Where is your favorite place?
11.Tell me about your biggest travel mishap.
Haven’t had many but I guess, its when I missed an early morning flight.
12. What is your favorite blog post that you have written?
My favorite blog post is “Belur: 103 years of Carved Perfection”.
(3) Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 500 followers
10. Giberson 9
(4) Ask these 11 bloggers 11 questions.
- What was the inspiration behind your blog title?
- Which is your dream travel destination?
- A song associated with a fond memory?
- How many times have you seen your favorite movie?
- If you had a choice to be in a different city tomorrow, what city would it be ?
- Car or Train ? Yes or No.
- Which is your favorite season – Spring or Fall; and why ?
- If you could travel back in time, where would you want to be?
- What is the most bizarre food you have tried?
- Who has inspired you the most in your life?
- How long did it take for you to write this post ?
Hope you enjoy writing it !!